There are 18 members of the Board of Directors of the Alumni Association of Case Western Reserve University. A board member is expected to participate actively and consistently in board functions and to demonstrate leadership in a variety of university volunteer activities.
A board member's duties include obligations to:
- Attend and actively participate in all board meetings, serve on a board standing committee and participate in board activities and projects.
- Be a recognized spokesperson and advocate for the university and its Alumni Association in his or her community.
- Attend local Case Western Reserve University activities, talk to prospective students and meet with alumni or other visiting university representatives.
- Be familiar with, and participate in, programs and activities sponsored, organized or coordinated by the Alumni Association.
- Identify and recruit talented alumni for the board, other alumni activities and alumni awards.
- Contribute financially to the university, on an annual basis and at the highest possible level.
Members of the board will be nominated from the Alumni Association membership based on their individual interest in, and record of past service to, the university. In considering nominees for election to the board, adherence to the board's diversity policy will be a priority.
Members of the board will be elected for a term of three (3) years by majority vote of the Alumni Association at its Annual Meeting. To ensure continuity, one-third of the board members shall be elected each year. Membership on the board will be limited to two (2) consecutive terms. Nominate an alumnus to the board.